Evaluation (BBC)
Evaluation
Investigation and Analysis
At the beginning of the project, I was given a brief of what BBC Three wanted for their product. they wanted a short documentary about 10-15 minutes long about Culture in the digital age. This topic is a vast one so there was a lot of room for interpretation. but before settling on a set idea I had to research my client and who they were. after that, I researched some documentaries and tried to gauge the cliches of documentaries like talking heads and voice of god. and finally, I did a mix of both researching documentaries and my client by looking at short documentaries that BBC Three had done to understand their style of doing things and anything I could potentially add later on to suit their mold of a documentary. After this was my audience research as I was told in the brief my audience would be young people so I conducted focus groups and surveys with my classmates to get an understanding of young people's opinions on documentaries and culture. The focus group mainly focused on the technological side of culture but both were very informative. with the survey showing a positive response to documentaries and the focus groups showing that phone addiction is an increasing problem but yet still seen through a lens of apathy.
I thought the best way to combat this was by coinciding the topic of phone addiction with a different more popular form of culture that being music. Also during my research, I looked at different types of documentaries, one of these documentary types being poetic documentaries. despite the length of these types of documentaries I want to do one alongside the conventional type of documentaries.
Pre-Production
A lot of planning happened during the pre-production. I started off with just small things like a title which took me a while to come up but I settled on two that I couldn't pick between so I consulted members of my audience for their thoughts. Their majority vote was for I See Her Online, All The Time. After this, I moved on to planning scenes and Interviews for the documentary. Some things were easier than others with logistics getting in the way of the Black and White Scenes as my original plan for it couldn't be followed because of the dangers involved. Not only this there was alot of reshooting dates because of lost footage. Other than that pre-production was pretty smooth
Production/Post Production
most production days, while taking along time, all went pretty well there was never a day after production where I thought I haven't got what I needed. poat-production was no different as i believed i came to my biggest task yet and dealt with it well.
Overall Evaluation
With everything considered, I believe that this project has been a major success as this has the first real-time I have used premiere pro in a project. I've overcome major setbacks and still delivered a documentary that i can say that im truely proud of.

Comments
Post a Comment